- ezzuli, S., L. Leonardelli, U. Malossini, M. Stefanini, R.Velasco and C. Moser. Pinot blanc and Pinot gris arose as independent somatic mutations of Pinot noir, Journal of Experimental Botany 63(18): 6359-6369 (2012); Riaz, S. et al., 2002, supra at pp. 508-514.)
- Amerine and Winkler, Experiment Station Bulletin 794 (1944, rev. 1963) pp 67-68 of 1963 version.)
- Sullivan, Charles L. A Companion to California Wine: an Encyclopedia of Wine and Winemaking from the Mission Period to the Present. University of California Press, 1998.
- 2002 edition of Impact Databank's The U.S. Wine Market Report
- “Pinot Gris.” Perfect Pairings: a Master Sommelier's Practical Advice for Partnering Wine with Food, by Evan Goldstein and Joyce Esersky. Goldstein, University of California Press, 2006, pp. 93–96.