Last modified: March 17, 2021
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Personal Information We Collect and Process
We collect and process certain information from you directly, such as information you enter yourself and data about your participation in courses.
When using our Services, you may provide contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth.
In order to use certain features of the Site (e.g., enrolling in a course), you need to create a user account (“Account”). When you create or update your Account, we collect and store the data you provide, such as your email address, password, date of birth, and account settings and assign you a unique identifying number (“Account Data”).
You can also choose to provide profile information such as a photo, biography, language, country, or other data (“Profile Data”). Your Profile Data will be publicly viewable by others.
Parts of the Services let you interact with other users or share content publicly, including by posting reviews on a course page, or submitting comments, questions, or feedback on the Site or otherwise in connection with the Services. Such shared content may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted on the Site.
Course Activity Data
When you enroll in and take courses, we collect certain data including which courses you have started and completed; course purchases; course certificates; your exchanges with instructors and/or other users of the courses; and materials submitted to satisfy course requirements.
If you make purchases, we collect certain data about your purchase (such as your name and zip code) as necessary to process your order. All payment and billing data, including your name, credit card information, billing address, and zip code, is provided directly to our payment processing partners. For security purposes, we does not collect or store such payment processing data.
Surveys and Offers
Communications and Support
If you contact us for support or to report a problem or concern (regardless of whether you have created an Account), we collect and store your contact information, messages, and other data in connection with such communication.
We also collect certain information by automatic means, such as data about your device and browser characteristics.
Technical data about your computer or device, such as your IP address, device type, unique device identifiers, browser, domain and other systems data, and platform types (“System Data”).
Usage data about your interactions with the Site, including courses accessed, time spent on the Site, pages visited, features used, your search queries, click data, date and time, and other data regarding your use of the Site and Services (“Usage Data”).
Approximate geolocation data (such as country) based on your IP address.
How We Collect the Personal Information
We may obtain Personal Information:
- When you provide it directly to us through both online and offline interactions, such as via Site submissions or when you email us;
- Automatically when you visit this Site or use the Services (such as from cookies, as further described below);
- From our affiliates and partners.
Cookies and other similar technologies
We use the following specific Cookies on our Site:
· Google Analytics
· Screen options cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its functionalities.
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Site from, language and search parameters. This data can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized or pseudonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other sites.
These cookies collect anonymous or pseudonymous information on how people use our Site.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to you. Please note that if your browser is set to reject cookies, the Site may not recognize you when you return to the Site and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies and your choices with respect to collection and use of such data, you may visit www.allaboutcookies.org, or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or the National Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) opt-out page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on DNT, the browser sends a message to websites requesting that they do not track the user. At this time, the Wine Institute does not track your or any other users’ Personal Information over time and across third party websites. We therefore do not respond to browser DNT signals. For information about DNT, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How We Use the Personal Information and the Legal Grounds for Such Use
We may process the Personal Information that we collect in furtherance of our legitimate interests in providing you with the Services, to fulfill the terms of a contract you have with us, with your consent, or to comply with our legal obligations. In some cases, failure to provide such Personal Information will mean that we cannot provide you with the Services.
Specifically, we process the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business and legal purposes:
- operate our business (including to provide, personalize, and improve or otherwise develop this Site and our products and services);
- provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate course participation and certificates;
- process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
- respond to an inquiry and any related activity that may result from your inquiry;
- market and administer surveys, promotional offers, and programs administered or sponsored by the Wine Institute or our partners;
- ensure the security and integrity of this Site and its content;
- manage our vendor and partner relationships;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other legal terms and policies;
- protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property (such as to protect our copyrighted materials); and
- ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements.
How We Share the Personal Information
We share Personal Information with third parties in the following ways:
- With instructors and other users of the Site, in connection with and as necessary for the facilitation of courses and other Services provided to you.
- To authorized third-party service providers or others who may perform services on our behalf, such as payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services, and customer service and support. These service providers may access and use your Personal Information to provide our requested service(s). In addition, we have entered into data processing agreements with these service providers, if required by applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury, or loss.
- To legal, governmental, or judicial authorities, if we believe is appropriate, as instructed or required by those authorities or applicable laws, or in relation to a legal activity, such as in response to a subpoena or investigating suspected illicit activity.
- As necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- To the extent we decide to use an advertising-supported revenue model in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users.
- We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified data for any purpose.
- As necessary to pursue a legitimate business or legal need to share your information, such as meeting our contractual obligations or as part of our business relationship (and in accordance with applicable law).
We use the following service providers:
· Mail Chimp
· Map Box
· Google Analytics
Links To Third-Party Websites
We seek to use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and store. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure; therefore, we do not guarantee that your Personal Information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such Personal Information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or Account has been compromised, you should change it immediately.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions regarding these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may request additional information to respond to or fulfill any requests regarding your rights under applicable laws or regulations.
You can always opt out of any subscription for emails, involving any updates, information, postings, and/or news, by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email. We might still send you certain important emails, like responding to you by email if you send us a request or comment.
If you are a resident of Nevada, California, the European Union, Switzerland, or United Kingdom, you have additional rights. See the applicable “Your Rights” sections below.
The Site is not intended for children, and our Service is only intended for adults. No one under the age of 18 may provide any Personal Information to the Site and we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children. Parents or adults can use various readily available software programs or other methods to prevent children or minors from accessing the Site. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual who is under the age limit or for an unintended applicant on our Site, such as a child, please contact us.
We also strive to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR). As such, the Site and Services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly process Personal Information relating to children under the age of 16 in cases where GDPR is applicable.
The Wine Institute is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations, entities, and service providers in the United States and throughout the world. We and our service providers may transfer your Personal Information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection equivalent to your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, we ensure an adequate level of protection is afforded to transferring your Personal Information out of the EU/EEA by ensuring, where required by law, at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Transferring Personal Information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the EU Commission, or
- Using specific contracts approved by the EU Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe.
You may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to request a copy of the specific safeguard by contacting us as described below.
European Union (EU) Data Subjects – Legal Ground and Your Rights –
If you are located in the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), the following applies additionally:
Legal Grounds for Processing
The processing of the above listed Personal Information is based on the following legal grounds:
· Contact Information / Account Data / Payment Data / Communication and Support / Shared Content / Course Activity Data: We process this data, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR in order to:
- Provide and administer our Services;
- process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information or features;
- respond to an inquiry and any related activity that may result from your inquiry; and
- post your reviews, comments, feedback and/ or questions on the Site.
· System Data / Usage Data: We have a legitimate interest in processing this data, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our interests are:
· Surveys / Offers: We have a legitimate interest to process Personal Information submitted by voluntary participation in a survey or promotional offer, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our interests are:
- improving our Site and products; and
- promoting our Services.
· Profile Data / Location Data: We collect and process this data only with your consent, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
The sharing of Personal Information is based on the following legal grounds:
· With instructors / other user of the Site: We share your data in order to provide our services, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
· As necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys: We share your data in order to provide our services according to the survey or promotion, Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
· With legal, governmental, or judicial authorities: We share your data in order to defense rights, Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR.
· As necessary to pursue a legitimate business or legal need / to prevent physical, financial, or other harm, injury or loss: We have a legitimate interest to share your data, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. Our interest is to provide our Services and prevent damages.
Data Subject Rights
Pursuant to the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and where allowed by law, such as in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom, and Switzerland, and provided that the legal preconditions are fulfilled, if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have the right to:
- access your Personal Information;
- ask us to correct your Personal Information;
- ask us to delete your Personal Information;
- ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
- obtain your Personal Information in a structured, machine readable format for data portability purposes;
- withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at Legal@wineinstitute.org.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your Personal Information in some circumstances (including where we are using the data for direct marketing).
You further have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority if you believe that our processing of your Personal Information does not comply with GDPR.
These foregoing data subject rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal Personal Information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have overriding legitimate interests in keeping. You can find more information here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/...
Your Rights – California Residents
Access to Specific Information and Personal Information Portability Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies disclose certain information to you about their collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Please also note that we are not required to respond to your requests for access or disclosure of Personal Information more than twice in a twelve (12) month period.
This right of access includes information about:
· The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
· The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you
· Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information
· The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
· The categories of Personal Information that each recipient received
· The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that a company delete any of your Personal Information that it has collected from you and retained.
California consumers also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if they exercise the rights listed herein.
Request and Verification Process
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make. We will match the information that you provide in your request to information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request.
You will be required to submit your first and last name and email address and may be asked to provide your telephone number or address so that we can verify the request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to help us verify the request. We will only use the information received in a request for the purposes of responding to the request.
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations, to request that companies stop selling your personal information and refrain from doing so in the future. We are not currently selling your Personal Information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request a list of all third parties to which we, during the immediately preceding calendar year, have disclosed certain Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated businesses for their direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To make such a request you should send a letter to the Wine Institute, 425 Market Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94105. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information sharing that is covered will be included in our response.
Your Rights – Users located in Mexico
Rights to limit the use of Personal Data
If you do not wish your personal data to be processed for the above purposes, or any of them, you may refuse us your consent. Please send your refusal to the following e-mail address email@example.com.
ARCO (Access, Rectification, Cancellation and Objection) Rights
According to the Political Constitution of the United Mexican States and the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data Held by Private Parties and its regulations, you are entitled to:
· Know the personal information we have and the conditions under which we use them (Access).
· Request the correction of your personal information in case it is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification);
· Request that we remove your personal data from our records or databases when you consider such personal data are not being used properly (Cancellation);
· Object the use of your personal data for specific purposes (Objection).
To exercise any of the ARCO rights, you must submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
I. Name and address or other contact data to receive the response to your request;
II. Documents proving your identity or the identity of the data owner´s legal representative.
III. A clear and precise description of the personal data for which you want to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, and
IV. Any other element or document that facilitates the location of the personal data.
Your Rights – Nevada Residents
Although the Wine Institute does not sell Personal Information, Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their Personal Information. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, please send your request through any of the methods noted below at “Exercising Your Rights.”
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise your rights described above, please submit a request to us by either:
· Emailing us at Legal@wineinstitute.org ; or
- By mail at: 425 Market Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94105.
How to Contact Us
POLÍTICA DE PRIVACIDAD DE LOS PROGRAMAS DE CERTIFICACIÓN DE VINO CALIFORNIANO CAPSTONE DEL WINE INSTITUTE
Última modificación: 17 de marzo de 2021.
Nuestro compromiso con su privacidad.
La presente política de privacidad se aplica a la presente página web ubicada en www.capstoneclaifornia.com (el “Sitio”), que proporciona acceso a un curso educativo en línea y programa de certificación de los vinos de California junto con materiales de estudio relacionados, contenido, recursos y servicios, así como otras interacciones en línea y fuera de línea con el Wine Institute, incluyendo comunicaciones electrónicas entre usted y el Wine Institute (los “Servicios”). El Wine Institute posee y opera este Sitio, una organización de política pública ubicada en: 425 Market Street, Suite 1000, San Francisco, CA 94105 (“Wine Institute”, “nosotros”, “nuestro”, o de/a “nosotros”), conjuntamente con, y con la asistencia de, nuestros proveedores y suplidores, incluyendo enunciativa más no limitativamente, >span class="NormalTextRun BCX4 SCXW167655386"> La presente Política de Privacidad describe cómo podemos recabar, usar y compartir su Información Personal (como se define más adelante) a través de sus interacciones en línea y fuera de línea con nosotros en relación con los Servicios.
Comprendemos que usted valora su privacidad. Procuramos proteger su Información Personal de acuerdo con las leyes aplicables de protección de datos. Cuando se hace referencia en la presente Política de Privacidad, al término “Información Personal” incluye cualquier información que identifique, se relacione con, describa, sea razonablemente capaz de asociarse con, o pueda razonablemente estar vinculada, directa o indirectamente con, un individuo u hogar, incluyendo cualquier información que esté sujeta a las leyes correspondientes de protección de datos aplicables. La Política de Privacidad se aplica solo a la Información Personal recabada en el presente Sitio o de lo contrario en relación con los Servicios.
Por favor, revise la presenta Política de Privacidad conjuntamente con los Términos de Servicio. Al usar los Servicios, reconoce que ha leído la presente Política de Privacidad. Si no está de acuerdo con la presente Política de Privacidad, por favor no utilice los Servicios ni nos proporcione ninguna información personal. Es importante que lea la presente Política de Privacidad junto con cualquier otro aviso de privacidad que podamos proporcionarle en ocasiones específicas cuando estemos recabando o procesando su información.
En caso de cualquier conflicto o inconsistencia entre los términos y estipulaciones de la presente Política de Privacidad y los términos y estipulaciones de cualquier otra política entre usted y cualquier tercero en relación con, o relacionado con, los Servicios, los términos y estipulaciones de la presente Política de Privacidad deberá prevalecer.
Información que recabamos y procesamos.
Recabamos y procesamos cierta información de usted directamente, tal como: información que usted capture y datos sobre su participación en los cursos.
Información de contacto
Al usar nuestros Servicios, usted puede proporcionar información, tal como: su nombre, dirección, número telefónico, dirección de email y fecha de nacimiento.
Datos de Cuenta
Para usar ciertas funciones del Sitio (es decir, al registrarse en un curso), necesitará crear una cuenta de usuario (“Cuenta”). Cuando cree o actualice su Cuenta, recabamos y almacenamos los datos que proporcione, tales como: su dirección de correo, contraseña, fecha de nacimiento y ajustes de cuenta; y le asignamos un número único de identificación (“Fecha de Cuenta”).
Datos de Perfil
Puede elegir proporcionar información de perfil, tales como: foto, biografía, idioma, país u otros datos (en lo sucesivo, “Datos de Perfil”). Sus Datos de Perfil serán visibles públicamente por otros.
Partes de los Servicios le permiten interactuar con otros usuarios o compartir contenido públicamente, incluyendo publicar comentarios en una página del curso o enviar comentarios, preguntas o retroalimentación sobre el Sitio, o de lo contrario, en conexión con los Servicios. Tal contenido compartido puede ser visible públicamente por otros dependiendo de dónde se haya publicado en el Sitio.
Datos de la actividad en el curso
Cuando usted se registra y toma los cursos, recabamos ciertos datos incluyendo qué cursos ha iniciado y finalizado; compras de cursos; certificados de cursos; sus intercambios con los instructores y/u otros usuarios de los cursos; y los materiales enviados para satisfacer los requisitos del curso.
Datos de pago
Si realiza compras, recabamos ciertos datos sobre su compra (tales como: su nombre y código postal) por ser necesario para procesar su pedido. Todos los datos de pago y facturación, incluyendo su nombre, información de tarjeta de crédito, dirección de facturación y código postal, pago se proporcionan directamente a nuestros socios de procesamiento. Por seguridad, no recabamos ni almacenamos tales datos de procesamiento de pagos.
Encuestas y ofrecimientos
Puede ser que lo invitemos a llenar una encuesta o participar en una oferta promocional ya sea a través de los Servicios o de una plataforma de un tercero. Si participa, recabaremos y almacenaremos los datos que proporcione como parte de la participación, tales como: su nombre, dirección de correo, dirección postal, fecha de nacimiento o número telefónico. Esos datos están sujetos a la presente Política de Privacidad a menos que se enuncie lo contrario en las reglas del ofrecimiento o en otra Política de Privacidad.
Comunicaciones y soporte
Si nos contacta para pedir apoyo o para reportar un problema o preocupación (sin importar si ha dado de alta una Cuenta), recabamos y almacenamos su información de contacto, mensajes y otros datos relacionados con tal comunicación.
También recabamos cierta información por medios automáticos, tales como datos sobre su dispositivo y las características de su explorador.
Datos del Sistema
Son los datos técnicos sobre su computadora o dispositivo, tales como: su dirección de IP, tipo de dispositivo, identificadores únicos del dispositivo, navegador, dominio y otros datos de los sistemas y tipos de plataforma (los “Datos del Sistema”).
Datos del Uso
Los datos de uso sobre sus interacciones con el Sitio, incluyendo cursos a los que se tuvo acceso, tiempo que se pasó en el Sitio, páginas visitadas, características usadas, búsquedas, datos de los clics, fecha y hora, y otros datos respectivos a su uso del Sitio y Servicios (“Datos del Uso”).
Datos de la ubicación
Los datos de la geolocalización aproximada (tales como el país) con base en la dirección IP.
Cómo recabamos la información personal
Puede ser que obtengamos información personal:
- Cuando nos la proporcione directamente a través tanto de interacciones en línea como fuera de línea, tales como envíos al Sitio o cuando nos mande un correo electrónico;
- Automáticamente cuando visite este Sito o use los Servicios (tales como: de cookies, tal y como se describe más adelante);
- De nuestros afiliados y socios.
Si nos envía cualquier Información Personal relativa a otras personas, manifiesta que tiene la autoridad para hacerlo y para permitirnos usar la información de acuerdo con la presente Política de Privacidad.
Cookies y otras tecnologías similares
El presente Sitio pude usar cookies, pixeles de rastreo y otras tecnologías (colectivamente “Cookies) para proporcionar a los usuarios una experiencia eficiente al usar el Sitio.